Tuesday, April 6, 2010

moved and unsettled

I have some work to do on the new place, but all of my stuff is here. I've worked a few days at the new job-- enough to get a sense that good things are coming. This tentative getting used to a big change thing is still tiring, but I'm trying to savor the time before bigger commitments hit.

Probably the coolest, unexpected thing so far is the closeness to my mom. I imagine we'll get along fairly well and it seems both of us are enjoying having the other one in town. Interesting.

Unfortunately for the moment, I've got way more thoughts than words. I don't want to make a vague "I'll be better, blogger... I swear I'll come visit EVERY DAY" promise, but honestly, check back. I'll find words and use them in surprising ways.

But now, rest... tomorrow is the first youth group night and I'm excited to meet the kids and worried that I get sleepy around 8... must be alert and energetic. Adrenaline will kick in.

Night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment