Friday, March 26, 2010

THERE WAS A RACCOON!!!


This morning has not started as planned. I told my mom last night that I would try to leave by 10. It is 10 right now and of course I'm not ready to leave. I slept in later than I intended (7 instead of 5:30) and looking at all that I have left, I know I'm being optimistic when I predict 3 p.m. as my final departure time.

But here's what really threw me: there was a raccoon in my stairwell!

Let that sink in. I opened the top door and discovered the door at the bottom was wide open. I must not have closed it all the way after leaving last night. (The top door was closed though.) Ugh. Anyway, I went out the top door this morning and came face to face with a RACCOON. I chased him down the stairs and outside which I know freaked him out.

I just watched them corral him/her. The raccoon will be released out in nature somewhere. I'm still freaking out. Not good to have an hour or so taken out of a busy day. This is a metaphor for something I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment