Tuesday, May 25, 2010

brun frogger

When I was a kid, I spent part of the summer out visiting my dad in Colorado. For 2-6 weeks (depending on the summer), it was my brother and I hanging out with each other while Dad did whatever. The perk was that Dad taught computer classes at school so he always borrowed a computer from the school during the summer. We played a lot of computer games.

The command to get a game to run on the Apple IIE (I'm dating myself here... I know) was BRUN followed by the name of the game. BRUN FROGGER. I typed that so many times. Nathan was more of a digdug fan. And then there was Cannonball Blitz, fun to try but we had no idea what we were doing. We never got very far on that one.

One summer day, Nathan did something that annoyed me. I don't remember what it was, but I was SO MAD. I wanted to call him the meanest thing ever. When I couldn't come up with anything mean, I decided to try to just confuse him. "You're a reggorf nurb!" I yelled.

REGGORF NURB = BRUN FROGGER backwards.

There's really no point to sharing this story except it's summer and I'm reminded of summer as a kid. Also, I think it's time someone typed BRUN SLAMB to get me started. I need to be rebooted, both with the blogging discipline and the whole clean up, organize a life kind of thing. I really don't want to be a REGGORF NURB.

No comments:

Post a Comment