Friday, May 28, 2010

cleaning & a poem i found

Maybe I've shared this on the internet before. I'm not sure if I posted it in a previous blog. I'm cleaning hardcore today. The game plan is to try to do 20 minutes of cleaning with 10 minute breaks. I know that seems like a lot of breaks, but I work in spurts. And at the end of the day, at least it will amount to something.

I need to come up with a laundry system, a place for a table and reorganize the kitchen. When I moved in, I just put stuff in cupboards to get everything out of sight. I'm finally ready to settle.

Okay. So here's the poem I found. I wrote it over a year ago and though I dig the sentiment, I'm not in that bitter post-break up stage anymore. Turns out I just felt it was a good poem and thought I'd put it out there.


post break up

when we untangled
that girl in the mirror without him
wasn't me.
that lonely creature
mourned a relationship
as though it had been alive.
like melding to him mattered more
than her sense of self
than her means to happy.
wound around him
forgetting to breathe on her own.
as though he were life support or even life
knowing more now
means craving a kind of companion
that leaves one's heart soul mind intact
those subtle accommodations
are fine for another time
but this girl won't forfeit herself without a fight

No comments:

Post a Comment