Tuesday, June 22, 2010

rawrrr!

Considering this past week, I'd give myself a solid B on effort as far as working out and eating better goes. Yesterday was a typical B sort of day.

I had planned to get up and hit the gym before going to work at 9. At 5:00, Haiku woke me up. It was raining but starting to turn to daylight and a cat's gotta eat. So I threw some food in his bowl and then went back to bed, knowing that it was a 5 in the morning sort of choice: get up crazy early or go back to sleep, fairly certain that the alarm would go off at 6:30 and I would be mid-dream, unwilling to get out of bed. I woke up again at 8:15-- just enough time to shower and head to work.

Monday is fancy coffee day in my world. I've switched to sugar free and skim in my latte, but I can't quit the coffee just yet. Since I was running late-ish, I grabbed a muffin at the coffeehouse instead of taking time to make breakfast at home. Boo.

I was a slacker at work. Funny how an early wake up and work out makes me more efficient the rest of the day. Without that, it's extra hard to be productive. After work, I headed home knowing I should go work out before settling in for the night. I was a rebel, though. I didn't want to sweat and have to shower.

The workout place closes at 8... it was close to 7 when, walking past a mirror, I caught my reflection. I was wearing my narwhal shirt that says "rawrrr" and that was enough... If I'm going to have a RAWRRR kind of life, I need a little more discipline. I need focus.

So I did a night workout instead. And it was late, but it was good. And even with the muffin and the sleeping in, I still think that's a B sort of day. I slept in again today, so that means after work I'll have to head to the Wellness Center and work out with the other after work worker outers.

Progress, though... right? Clothes are getting a bit baggy...and though my resolve wavers, I haven't given up yet. :)

I hope you have a RAWRRR kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment