Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ok. 3 things & a goal...

Here's the focus for self-improvement right now:

1. Exercise: lifting weights 3 times a week, getting good cardio in 5 days a week.
2. Eat/drink healthier: drinking the right amount of water, eating food that is more nutricious than the processed fast food junk.
3. Maintaining a reasonable standard of cleanliness for my house: not being paranoid about unexpected visitors & letting them come into the house.

I feel like for normal people, these are not outrageous goals but if I'm not intentional about my focus, all three slip away so fast.

Tonight I'm going to focus on house cleaning. Hardcore. If I get brave, I'll post some before and after pictures. Truthfully, I fear judgement. We'll see.


AND... this is the goal I picked for myself last night while walking and running. By my birthday in the middle of August, I want to be able to run a mile without stopping to walk.

That sounds so silly and unhealthy that I can't even think of running a mile today without stopping. Last night I was proud because I ran a lap around the indoor track. That was 1/8 of a mile. I know for healthy people, running a mile probably seems like nothing but for me it will be an accomplishment. Maybe I'll work up to something more past then. I have no idea on a time length for this mile, and honestly, even if it's the world's slowest jog 4 times around an outdoor track, I'll still feel a sense of accomplishment.

I can tell some progress. The scale shows just a tiny loss, but my clothes are starting to feel baggy. Ah, hope... :)

1 comment: