Friday, September 24, 2010

rise and grind

This morning I got back to the gym. I did my usual weight lifting stuff and speed walked a mile or so. I was surprised when I stepped on the scale that the last couple days of little attention to diet and even less activity didn't pack on pounds. Tomorrow I'm going to try a run around the park. Now that I know for sure that it's 1.3 miles I can wrap my mind around running that distance all at once.

I wrote this in my journal the other night:

I tend to use the consequences of previous poor decisions as excuses for not making better decisions right now. I need to get over that.

Anyway, I've lost about 33 pounds since April. I'm setting my sights on another 25 by January. So back to the grind. Nobody's going to steal my shine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment